Hello, I looked through you earrings DIY but didn’t see any, so I was wondering if you knew of a way to make clip-ons. I’m allergic to the metal in most earrings so clip-ons are all I can wear. Thank you.
tyraiko asked you:Truebluemeandyou: I have pierced ears and have tried for years buying every type of earring finding available and still could not wear them, so I only wear clip-ons. You can buy clip-on earring backs at crafts stores, amazon, etsy and ebay. On an Etsy Forum one woman liked the magnetic type the best (which I’ve never tried but am definitely going to now).Here are some clip-on tutorials to give you some ideas:
- How to make clip-on earrings from Oopsey Daisy here.
- DIY clip-on earrings from Sparkle Power here.
- How to convert hanging earrings into clip-ons from Ehow here.
- How to make clip-on earrings from Beading Life here.
- DIY Givenchy horn earrings using magnets from Runway DIY here.
- Chandelier clip-on earrings from Making Beaded Jewelry here.
*For pages and pages of earring tutorials go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/earrings
Truebluemeandyou: #2 earrings were especially made as cheap dress up earrings for children.
sugar-begonias asked you:
I’ve been trying to find an easy tutorial on DIY hair wrapping, like what people would get done at a beach or some amusement parks on summer vacation. It kind of resembles the DIY wrapped ear phones you just posted, but with a charm or feather on the end.
Roundup of Embroidery Floss Hair Wraps:
- Embroidery Floss Hair Wraps by Girly Do Hairstyles here.
- Embroidery Floss Hair Wraps by Crochet Clouds (who did the wrapped ear phones) here.
- Embroidery Floss Hair Wraps from Waiste here.
- There are lots of tutorials on YouTube using feathers and charms. I liked this one because of how she secured the hair in the beginning. It’s How to Rainbow Criss Cross Hair Wrap by GemArtwork here.
- Hair Wrap Tutorial with how to add charms from Wikihow here.
- Multi Color Hair Wrap from Kara’s Creative Place here.
- Free People Sea Shell Hair Wrap on YouTube here.
- Feather Ombre Thread Hair Wrap from Craftzine here.
- Embroidery Floss Hair Wrap from Instructables here.
DIY Easy No Paint Leaf Stamp from Delighted Momma here. This could be really pretty and I have tons of acid free plain stationary cards I bought on a mega sale at Michaels. I will definitely use cheap paper to experiment on to see which leaves work best. The result almost looks like the beautiful seaweed prints my mom made (floating seaweed on water and then putting a piece of watercolor below it).